Using digital cameras, lots of situations do occur which are responsible for making photographs inaccessible. Some common situations are mentioned below:-
- Formatting of memory card – In situations when you format the memory card inappropriately for whatever reason, either in the camera or on your PC, there is always a possibility of photo file getting corrupt. It is highly recommended to never use the camera controls while you format the card.
- Transferring photo images on to desktops or laptops – At times, the photographs also get corrupt during the transfer of content from memory card to desktops or laptops. In fact, in most of the occasions, it become inaccessible and throws error like images not found errors, etc.
- Accidental deletion of images – Just like in formatting, unintentional deletion of image files also result in the loss of photo. In fact, situations do arise where individuals fail completely to understand the functionality of various keys of camera and accidently delete photos unknowingly.
- Non-physical damage/data failure – There could be different scenarios, where incidents like pulling out the memory card while the camera is on or switching off the camera while data is being written too result in the loss of image files. This is where your camera would give an error.
- Physical damage – Incidents do take place where memory card too suffer from physical damage and ultimately make it unreadable. In such scenario, the chances of recovery depend upon the level of damage.
- Card affected by viruses and malwares – There are circumstances where SD card got contaminated with certain spywares result in the photo loss. These viruses remove the content from digital cameras and make it hard to find.
- Usage of the same memory card is different cameras
- Shooting images with a low battery
- Switching to the Play or View mode while the photo is still being written
However, you can easily opt for a manual method to retrieve corrupt data. Just follow the steps mentioned below to restore lost photo from SD card -
- Use the USB cable in order to connect your SD card to a computer.
- After the system detects the SD card, open it, though you must make sure that you stop using the memory card at once.
- After the system detects the card, ensure to examine the recycle bin on your memory card. Examine on the memory card to view whether the files are currently being stored in the recycle bin or not.
Important: Kindly note that there are chances where the system might not able to detect the memory card from the digital device. Not to worry, just continue the recovery process as mentioned and you will be able to fix the data loss.
- Click Start and then Run.
- Type cmd and then click OK. Type the following:
- chkdsk [sd card drive letter] /r – This command will Scan for and attempt the successful recovery of bad sectors
- chkdsk [sd card drive letter] /f – This command will automatically fix file system errors on the disk